Christmas Webcams & Tracking Santa; Winter Storm Buries Nation’s Midsection; Power Cut At Busy Mall; White Christmas In Mich.; N. Minn. Or North Pole?; Bell Ringers, Okla., Tex. Cold; Toronto Delays; No White Christmas; S. Tex. Snow?; Snow Hits Fla.; Blind Boy Touches Snow For First Time; He’s Gotta Get Thru This; Christmas Moon; 2029 Asteroid Hit?; RocketCam
Christmas Webcams & Tracking Santa:
Streaming Video Of Rockefeller Christmas Tree In New York City | Direct Link To Video | Live Christmas Webcams (Worldwide) | NORAD’s Track Santa Claus (A big thanks to Mike Wendland’s blog and Al’s Morning Meeting for the last two links)
Winter Storm Update: Winter Storm Buries Nation’s Midsection: The winter storm dumped double-digits of snow from Ohio to Wyoming, the Texas Panhandle to the Great Lakes, disrupting pre-Christmas travel.
- Weather Images: Live U.S. Radar | U.S. Radar (Shows snow in blue)
- Current Watches/Warnings/Advisories
- U.S. Snowfall Forecast Map | U.S. Snow Cover Image
- Current Temperatures Map | Current Wind Chill Map
- Interstate Conditions Forecast | FAA Airport Delays
- Weather/Webcam Images & Traffic Conditions: City Pages List
Winter Storm Stories:
- Severe Weather Knocks Out Power At Mall Crammed With Shoppers: A shopping mall is crowded with shoppers two days before Christmas — and the power goes out.
- White Christmas: A Dream Come True In Michigan: 8.8 inches of snow fell on metro Detroit in 12 hours between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, guaranteeing a white Christmas. | Cold Follows Snowstorm That Leaves At Least 5 Dead In Michigan: Southern Michigan’s first big storm of the season left 10 inches of snow at Port Huron, 9.3 inches at Bloomfield Hills and 9 inches at Farmington Hills, New Baltimore and Deerfield, the National Weather Service said.
- Viewers Stay Tuned To Weather On TV, Web: Comprehensive snow coverage by Cincinnati TV stations has been a big hit with housebound viewers and Internet users.
- Minnesota: Northland Feeling Like North Pole: Pre-Christmas wind chills of 40 degrees below zero pose a challenge for mechanical devices and temporarily close Duluth skating rinks and a ski hill.
- Bell Ringers Fight Cold Weather For Charity
- Cold Weather Grips Oklahoma: Temperatures Thursday dipped to 8 in Ponca City in northern Oklahoma, 6 in Gage near the Oklahoma Panhandle, 11 in Tulsa and 14 in Oklahoma City. It was forecast to get even colder before the start of a warming trend on Christmas.
- Toronto Planes, Trains and Automobiles Delayed During Christmas Rush: Hundreds of flights were cancelled or delayed at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport — causing a chain reaction of delays at airports across Canada.
- Frigid Weather Grips Northern, Western Texas
No White Christmas For Some Iowans: Can It Be Christmas With No Snow?
Not All Clear In N.M.: Authorities Prepare For Holiday Traffic, Bad Weather: A winter storm warning is in effect through Friday for central portions of the state, across the eastern plains and down into southeast New Mexico.
Not Cold Everywhere: It may be cold across much of the U.S., but visitor Stephen reminds us that it’s still hot in Hell (although there’s a cool-down on Sunday)
Snow Possible In Unlikely Places: South Texas Snow Would Be First In 100 Years: The arctic front that blew winter into the northern half of Texas headed south Thursday — deep south — hauling freezing temperatures, sleet and possibly the first measurable snowfall in the Rio Grande Valley since 1895.
Snow Hits Florida; Temps To Tumble In Central Fla.: Snow flurries and some sleet is expected Friday night and early Saturday in Florida’s Panhandle and Interstate 10 corridor.
He’s Gotta Get Thru This: Daniel Bedingfield Relies On Friends: British singer Daniel Bedingfield is relying on the support of friends to get through his depression – as he battles Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
Space News: Look up for a Christmas Moon | Weird moon image posted at SpaceWeather.com | Scientist: Asteroid May Hit Earth in 2029 | Astronomy Picture of the Day: A forward-facing RocketCam (TM) mounted inside the payload fairing of a Delta II rocket captured these dramatic video frames on November 20th — as the Swift satellite observatory journeyed to an orbit 600 kilometers above planet Earth.
Top 5 WXnation.com city weather and webcam pages visited on Thursday: 1. Cincinnati 2. Louisville 3. Toronto 4. Little Rock 5. Indianapolis … See the top 20 so far this month in the center column of our home page.