Red Cross Fears Tsunami Toll Could Top 100,000; No Dead Animals In Tsunami?; Cause: Wobble Or Quake?; Dramatic Images Emerge; Massive Winter Storm In Calif.; Accidents Continue In N.C.; Weather Jeopardizes Blood Supply; NASA Takes Major Step In Return To Space; 2029 Asteroid Impact Out; Russians Ready Pay-As-You-Go Space Plan
- Latest Tsunami Stories: Red Cross Fears Tsunami Toll Could Top 100,000: U.N. mobilizes relief; WHO says aftermath may be equally deadly
- Number Of Dead In Massive Quake Tops 76,000
- Deadly Tsunamis Rivals Waves of the Past: The tsunamis that claimed thousands of lives across the Indian Ocean are the deadliest great waves in more than a century and probably in modern history.
- Where Are The Animals?: No Dead Animals Found In Sri Lanka: Wildlife officials in Sri Lanka expressed surprise Wednesday that they found no evidence of large-scale animal deaths from the weekend’s massive tsunami – indicating that animals may have sensed the wave coming and fled to higher ground.
- Cause: Wobble Or The Quake? Was the 9.0 earthquake caused by the Chandler Wobble, or vice versa?
- Satellite Images: Shoreline Before and After Pictures (Opens new window). Also posted on Lost Remote
- How Scientists Watch For Killer Waves: U.S. relies on high-tech network and detailed emergency plans to deal with tsunami threats
- Videos/Images: Dramatic Images Of Tsunami Emerge
- Donate: Donate To International Federation Of Red Cross
- Resources: Very Latest Stories
- Data On 9.0 Quake From USGS
- Giant Circles Seen On Seismic Map
- Live earthquake list in lower left column of this page. Additional earthquake resources are in the right column of our National/International page
Massive Winter Storm In California: Los Angeles: Winter Storm Drenches Southland With Record Rainfall | Storm Crashes Into Southland Again: A powerful Pacific storm unleashed havoc in parts of California again Tuesday, flooding homes, freeways and desert roads and triggering a rockslide that blocked Highway 1 on the Central Coast. Downtown Los Angeles got a record 3.98 inches of rain by Tuesday afternoon, topping the 2.09 inches set on Dec. 28, 1931. Resources: Current Regional Watches/Warnings From NWS | Los Angeles Live Weather/Traffic/Webcam Images
Other Weather News: Roads Improve, But Accidents Continue In N.C.: Road conditions improved amid higher temperatures Monday in many areas of eastern North Carolina after more than a half-foot of snow fell in places Sunday, though authorities warned that travel remained tenuous in several places.
Top 5 WXnation.com city weather and webcam pages visited on Tuesday: 1. Los Angeles 2. San Diego 3. Reno 4. New York City 5. Las Vegas … See the top 20 so far this month in the center column of our home page.